(800) 783-8472

Name Change or Correction

Processing Times, Forms and Requirements

< Back to Passports

Name Change or Data Correction

The following must be true in order for you to use this method of obtaining a US Passport:

  • You are in possession of a previously issued US Passport and it is in fair condition.
  • You were at least 16 years of age when this passport was issued.
  • This passport was issued less than 15 years ago.
  • You have Legally changed your name or gender e.g. marriage, divorce, court order etc.
  • The current passport you are in possession of was issued with errors. (i.e. your name was misspelled or your date of birth is wrong etc and you need to correct it).

Submit your most current US Passport. Copies are not acceptable

Download complete and sign the US Passport Application DS-82. Be sure to complete all fields and make sure you date your form

Submit ONE recently taken passport type or size photograph. Do not submit pictures with eyewear (glasses), headwear, jewelry, or with anything objects in the background, as they will not be accepted. Passport Photo MUST have a completley blank white background, without any other shades or tints (i.e. dark gray, tan, off-white). See below for proper sizing and examples of well composed photos.

Click Here for a description of the State Department requirements on passport photos.

Download complete and DO SIGN the Letter of Authorization Form(s). This form allows our company to expedite your passport and represent you at the State Department respecting your application form. Choose the first TWO boxes only and check them. The 3rd box indicates you want us to represent you but would rather the State Department deal directly with you when there are problems.'

The US State Department requests that you provide with your application proof of your upcoming departure date. Please include this with your application.

(If you don’t have confirmation of your trip yet please let us know in advance)


Print-out of online booking reservations from an airline reservations system or travel agency. It must have your name and International destination and departure date on it


A signed Letter on Letterhead from your Employer or your Travel Agent addressed to the US State Department confirming your departure date and International Destination. Again it must state your passport name.

Name Change or Correction Options

Processing Time   Government Fees   Processing Fees    
4 Days $170 $129
6 Days $170 $179
4 Days $170 $219
2 Days $170 $279
1 Day $170 $399