(800) 783-8472

Minor Passport

Processing Times, Forms and Requirements

< Back to Passports

Children’s Application of a US Passport

The following must be true in order for you to use this method of obtaining a US Passport:

  • Your Child is under the age of 16,
  • Your Child has never been issued a US passport,
  • Your Child has had a passport issued but it has been lost and cannot locate it,
  • or, Your Child has been issued a US Passport but they were under the age of 16 when it was issued.

Submit one of the following as original proof of US Citizenship
(NO Photocopies or notarized copies accepted):

  1. Certified Original Copy of a State, City or County Birth Record. Must list applicant's and parent's full names with official registrar seal and signature. Click Here for specifics
  2. Any previously issued US Passport in fair condition regardless how long ago it was issued. Note: Passport must have been issued as a fully valid U.S. Passport (5 year for minors or 10 years for adults)
  3. Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
  4. Original Certificate of Nationalization.
  5. Original Certificate of Citizenship.

Download complete but DO NOT SIGN the DS-11 US Passport Application.

Submit ONE recently taken passport type or size photograph. Do not submit pictures with eyewear (glasses), headwear, jewelry, or with anything objects in the background, as they will not be accepted. Passport Photo MUST have a completley blank white background, without any other shades or tints (i.e. dark gray, tan, off-white). See below for proper sizing and examples of well composed photos.

Click Here for a description of the State Department requirements on passport photos.

Download complete and DO SIGN the Letter of Authorization Form(s). This form allows our company to expedite your passport and represent you at the State Department respecting your application form. Choose the first TWO boxes only and check them. The 3rd box indicates you want us to represent you but would rather the State Department deal directly with you when there are problems.'

Personal Identification of Parents e.g. Drivers License etc. For a full list of acceptable documents Click Here

Note: The following rules apply to Parents and their minor children when applying for a US Passport:

  1. If the Child is under the age of 18 the Child must have at least one parent apply with them
  2. If the Child is under the age of 16 the Child must have BOTH parents apply with them.
  3. If Child is under the age of 16 and BOTH parents cannot be present then a State Department Form DS-3053 must accompany the application process. The DS-3053 must be filled out carefully and it also must be notarized. You must also submit a clear and legible copy of the front and back sides of the Driver’s License (or other form of acceptable I.D.) of the parent giving permission on the DS-3053.
  4. If either Parent is deceased the other parent must submit an original Death Certificate with the passport application.

This is the fee the State Department charges you when they issue your passport. You are issuing your passport quickly so their fee is higher than normal. The Standard fee for an adult expedited passport is $165.00. This fee includes a witnessing fee of $25 to be given directly to the witnessing agent. Our service fee is additional to the government fee.

The State Department will not accept Personal or Business issued checks that are starter checks and they will only accept checks from the applicant or family member, or from business checks with affiliation to applicant. The Check must have the account holders full name and address and the applicant's full name and date of birth.

The US State Department requests that you provide with your application proof of your upcoming departure date. Please include this with your application.

(If you don’t have confirmation of your trip yet please let us know in advance)


Print-out of online booking reservations from an airline reservations system or travel agency. It must have your name and International destination and departure date on it


A signed Letter on Letterhead from your Employer or your Travel Agent addressed to the US State Department confirming your departure date and International Destination. Again it must state your passport name.

Minor Passport Options

Processing Time   Government Fees   Processing Fees    
4 Days $175 $129
6 Days $175 $179
4 Days $175 $219
2 Days $175 $279
1 Day $175 $399